Some people call them intentions. Some say goals. Others may call them milestones. But they are pretty much the same – they are things we desire to do, things we strive to accomplish. They are our dreams.
I call them aspirations. They are a list of things I aspire to do, to be, to have. They are my deepest desires and my whims. They are what I dream of, daydream of, wish for and see myself becoming.
And there is a wide variety – related to career, family, fun, health, wealth, spiritual, etc – of items on my list.
Maybe you have a list of things like this too. Maybe you think “I’ll do these someday. I’ll get around to them after such and such is done or when I have more money, or time or energy.” Or something. It seems an endless string of “Someday . . .”
Why not let someday be now? What is truly stopping you? Could you maybe do even just one small thing every day to move you closer to those intentions? Those dreams?
I’d like to share a few of mine with you:
- to be a world-class copywriter like Bob Bly, John Carlton, Gary Halbert, Gary Bencinvenga, or Harlan Kilstein.
- to be a prolific author like Stephen King, Joe Vitale, Ann Rice or Daniell Steele
- to travel the world on a whim whenever and wherever the mood strikes
- to be loving, kind, generous, honest, peaceful and forgiving
- to be a shrewd, keen investor like Warren Buffet
- to stand up for what I believe in like my grandpa always did
- to cherish my family and friends
- to show my children that life is full of adventure, laughter and love
- to teach my children to be the best they can be and know that I am proud of them always
- to share
- to learn how to fly helicopters and small airplanes
- to live in a “beach house in the woods”
- to always enough
- to have abundance and wealth
- to be healthy and fit
- to know love
- to have an open mind and never cease learning
- to have a clean office!
Now some of these things I’ve done, some I’m still working on and some I have yet to do. I’ll let you figure out which is which . . . 😉